___________________________________

Posted: 9/26/09 | POSTED BY ONTHEINTERNET | TAGS- ,


////MAC STYLE BLACK COLLECTION

On Thursday I made my way over to MAC for the launch of their style black collection. I have been eagerly waiting for this collection since I heard about it almost two months ago on Temptalia.com. I didn't try everything on, but what I did try on was interesting.

-The mineralized eyeshadows are nothing special by themselves, with some fix+ they show their potential by being intensely dark with a hint of glitter, but on top of the grease paint stick the shadows were just glitter. Not my favorite. I'd say for best results, spray your brush with fix+ first then apply.
-There was nothing special about the penultimate to me, just your run of the mill black liner.
-The grease paint, however, caught my attention. It leaves a shiny finish to the eyes by itself and it could also be used as a base.
-Smolder is just a typical waterproof black eyeliner. I didn't really need to try it on.
-Black Knight is this true black cream lipstick. Alone, it adds a sheen to the lips. This could also be used as a base to darken other colors as well.
-The Mattene lipsticks were my favorite. I didn't care for night violet because it was this plummy old lady kind of color that I hate. But Midnight Media is much more exciting. But maybe that's because I love anything matte? I would highly recommend lining your lips first because all of the lipsticks feather after some time.
-I only tried Blackware Glimmerglass because the other two weren't as special to me. Blackware has such a pigmentation to it (unlike the other black gloss rip offs like Kat Von D.)I'm not a huge fan of gloss (or anything shiny) but I really did like this one, and I'm not crazy about glimmerglasses either.
-The cream colour bases are just like what you'd expect. Creamy, and boring. You can find dupes of these everywhere. Or just use Urban Decay's Primer Potion.
-I didn't try the Volcanic Ash face products or the nail laquers because...well you can't. You would need to buy those in order to try them out.

So all in all I didn't fall in love with any of the products, but I wouldn't throw them out either.

0 CMNTS:

Post a Comment