___________________________________

Posted: 9/21/09 | POSTED BY ONTHEINTERNET |


////RAD BY RAD HOURANI/MODELS.COM

In a world where women have the best shoes, how do men recover? Most of them, Like Rad Hourani above, push the envelope and create heels for men. But some people weren't so pleased:

"Rad Hourani put his male models in high heels (which he himself wore) at his runway show yesterday. They awkwardly stomped down the catwalk as if they were wearing their mothers' chunky platforms from the seventies. With the proliferation of man girdles, meggings, and men's Spanx, when is someone going to say enough is enough?"-NYMAG.COM

Enough is never enough, fuck you New York Times. I don't see why in order for men's shoes to be "edgy" they have to be watered down versions of woman's shoes. I say bullshit to it all. People like Rad, Jean Paul Paula, Thomas Tait, and even Marc Jacobs wear heels (And look beyond amazing in them.) So why does the fashion world seem to view this idea so ridiculously? I say wear them, go'head. My logic is; wear what you want as long as it pisses someone off.
I would imagine they would accept such a trend with open arms, but apparently not. If men walking on the runways (Or streets, I don't judge) causes such judgment, I wonder what the fashion world has to say about an all black cast via PPQ at LFW09?

So in order to prolong such a ridiculous and insane idea, my next purchases will be these Acne HEELS. You know, just to stick it to the man.

////SHOP.ACNESTUDIOS.COM

0 CMNTS:

Post a Comment